Thursday, October 8, 2009

Lentil Soup...mmmm

A favorite in our family is lentil soup...it's something that we ONLY eat when we go to a nearby restaurant, Crown Point. The hubby and kids both love it, much to my surprise for such picky eaters. So why do we only eat it a few times a year??



Primarily because I've heard that lentils can be hard to cook AND I'm afraid of not measuring up to Crown Point's famous soup. That's right, I said it...I'm intimidated! How could I possibly compete with something so delicious made by a family with YEARS of experience (not to mention that they are Greek and we all know Greek's can cook!).

I've decided though to give lentil soup a try. If I succeed then I can see it easily becoming a staple meal in our home. I'm imagining the days now of coming home from a long day of work and eating a big bowl of soup with my family.


So, do any of you have a recipe for lentil soup to share? I am still on the hunt for something hearty and delicious that will please everyone in my family. Your suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment