Monday, October 5, 2009

When life gives you lemons, make lemonade!

Just as I thought I was back on track with blogging, our family experienced a "nightmare". My husband called me last Tuesday afternoon with something that I had hoped and prayed we would never have to deal with---our house had been broken into. I raced home in tears trying to understand it all and attempting to explain to my kids why Mommy was crying.

After spending nearly 2 hours with the police officer we were left to clean up the mess and try to grasp what had happened. I cried for hours while putting clothes back in the dresser, wondering why this happened and why it happened to us??? Not that it should happen to ANYONE but the neighborhood we currently live in has always been safe and there has never been any reason to worry about someone invading our home. No one else was broken into that day. Did they target our home because it had a "For Sale" sign in the yard? Or had someone been watching us noting our every move and schedule?

We still don't have the answers and we still at feel violated at times but I refuse to be scared in my own home! This is something that I know our family will overcome and I'm so thankful that none of us were home when "they" broke in. Please say a prayer for us and the person(s) who did this.

No comments:

Post a Comment